Addiction is characterised by excessive consumption of a substance (e.g. alcohol, cocaine, cannabis) or engagement in an activity (e.g. gambling, gadgets, sex) to the extent that it begins to negatively impact one’s health, responsibilities and relationships.
Signs of Addiction
- Uncontrollable urge to consume substance or undertake the behaviour
- Inability to control or limit consumption or behaviour
- Neglect of other activities and responsibilities
- Shaky hands, lack of sleep, feeling anxious or irritable in absence of the substance or behaviour
- Increase in consumption or behaviour when stressed
- Strained relationships due to consumption or behaviour
- Absence from work or decline in performance
If you believe you are struggling with addiction, talk to one of our qualified therapists.
The InnerHour Promise
Cut the travel, skip the waiting time - access expert advice using your computer, tablet or mobile from a convenient location.
A safe and secure platform, with all conversations encrypted to ensure complete confidentiality between you and your therapist.
Highly Qualified Experts
Selected through a rigorous screening process, trained for online therapy and committed to the highest standards of ethical practice.